- Chief of Party, USAID ECO-III Project.
- Founding member of the Alliance for an Energy-Efficient Economy and IBPSA-India chapter.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee and a Ph.D. in Building Science from Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA.
- A LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), and Certified M&V Professional (CMVP) and has published more than 40 papers and book chapters.
- Visiting faculty member at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Center for Environmental Planning and Technology, and at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- Considered as a leading international expert in the field of building energy efficiency (green building design, energy code, energy modeling, benchmarking and energy audits), public sector energy efficiency (energy-efficient procurement, energy savings performance contracts, municipal energy efficiency), monitoring and verification of energy savings, and indoor environmental quality (human health and productivity).
- Scientist (currently on leave) at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley, CA) where he has worked in various capacities for 11 years.